Stanford/CCNY Summer Research Program in the Humanities
The Division of Humanities and the Arts announces the opening of the application for the annual Stanford/CCNY Summer Research Program. This program is designed for CCNY students considering graduate school, and specifically doctoral research, in one of the humanities disciplines. As many as five City College Humanities and the Arts students will spend eight weeks on the beautiful campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Stanford will match each CCNY student with a Stanford faculty member who will mentor the student's research project. Students will participate in a weekly seminar on the graduate application process and research in the Humanities.
The students who are selected will receive up to $600 in travel expenses, room and board on the Stanford campus, a bicycle to commute on campus, and a $4,000 stipend. They will also receive a Stanford ID and access to campus networks, libraries, and athletic facilities.
Eligibility: Students must have rising junior or rising senior standing and must be returning to CCNY as matriculated students in Fall 2024.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 at CCNY
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two short essays (details provided in application)
- Students must have junior or senior standing and must return to CCNY as matriculated students in Fall 2024
- One-page, signed letter of recommendation from a full-time City College faculty member, sent as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Friday, March 1, 2024, 5:00 pm.
- Major must fall under the Division of Humanities and the Arts (excluding the visual and performing arts)
- Only returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply (i.e., will not earn bachelor's degree prior to Summer 2024.)
Application portal will be activated early in the spring 2024 semester.
*Stanford will withhold taxes for non-US nationals.
Last Updated: 08/31/2023 15:12