Stanford/CCNY Summer Research Program in the Humanities
SUMMER 2020 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The Division of Humanities and the Arts announces the opening of the application for the annual summer research program, available to CCNY students. The Stanford/CCNY Summer Program is designed for students considering graduate school, and specifically doctoral research, in one of the Humanities disciplines. This program is not intended for those who are pursuing visual or performing arts. Only returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply (i.e., will not earn bachelor's degree prior to Summer 2020.)
As many as five City College Humanities and the Arts students will spend eight weeks on the beautiful campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Stanford will match each CCNY student with a Stanford faculty member who will mentor the student's research project. Students will participate in a weekly seminar on the graduate application process and research in the Humanities. A free Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparation course will be provided for those interested.
The students who are selected will receive up to $600 in travel expenses, room and board on the Stanford campus, a bicycle to commute on campus, and a $3,000 stipend.* The program will run from June 24 through August 16.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 at CCNY
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two short essays (details provided in application)
- Students must have junior or senior standing and must return to CCNY as matriculated students in Fall 2020
- One-page, signed letter of recommendation from a full-time City College faculty member, sent as a PDF to email@example.com by the deadline of March 6, 2020, 5:00 pm.
- Major must fall under the Division of Humanities and the Arts (excluding the visual and performing arts)
- Only returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply (i.e., will not earn bachelor's degree prior to Summer 2020.)
*Stanford will withhold taxes for non-US nationals.