Tony Liss and Ken Ihrer
Dear CCNY Campus Community,
This message provides some important updates to the message we sent on Friday about the new campus access procedure.
Starting this Wednesday, August 26th, 2020, we will be implementing the CUNY-wide Health Screening app, called Everbridge. This is mandatory for all persons entering a CUNY building, including all buildings on the CCNY campus and the Center for Workers Education campus at 25 Broadway. While a Health Screen is mandatory, remember, you may not come to our campus unless you are authorized to do so by following the request procedure described here: https://portal.ccny.cuny.edu/depts/oit/campusaccess/campus-access-request-form-instructions.pdf.
At this time, students will only be granted access to buildings in which they have a hybrid or in-person class. No special access request is needed to visit the Bursar. New CCNY IDs will be mailed, you do not need to go to campus to pick them up.
We are currently in phase one of our reopening plan and the campus population can only be 25% or less of the full population, but we know that a small number of classes will require an in-person presence and there are other occasional needs for faculty, staff and students to come to campus.
In summary, if you need to come to campus you must
- Take the COVID-19 Response: Return-to-Work Training on Blackboard
- Follow the instructions to make a request for campus access
- Fill out the health screen questionnaire each day you plan to visit
Information in our previous memo, New Campus Access Procedure, that address steps one and two can be found on our website here: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/presidentsoffice/blog/covid-19
The Everbridge Health Screen app is available for your smartphone in the associated app stores. Download the application now. If you are receiving this email, you most likely have been pre-registered with Everbridge. Everyone who has a CUNY First login or is an RF-CUNY employee has been preloaded.
- Navigate to the App store on your phone and search for Everbridge.
- Download, install, and open the Everbridge app.
- Click Find an Organization or subscription button on the Everbridge splash page.
- Search for CUNY. Select the CUNY – Health Screening option. Do not choose NYAlert.
- You will be taken to the CUNY Web Applications Login page. Log in using your CUNYLogin credentials. (Username: Firstname.Lastnameemail@example.com )
- Set your notification preferences and click the Done button.
If you have problems loading the application and signing in, please contact our Service Desk at 212-650-7878.
Daily Symptom Checker
- Within the Everbridge app, click the Shield icon in the bottom right corner. If you do not see the Shield icon, restart the app.
- Click the Symptom Checker icon.
- Go through the questionnaire, answer all five questions, and click Submit.
In order to gain entrance to any of the CCNY buildings you will have to be authorized to come to campus, completed training and passed the daily Health Screen check. If you do not have a smartphone, we will provide paper Health Screen questionnaires by the public safety officer’s desk to each building. Every person who can use this application is asked that they do. This is one of many steps that we are taking to provide as safe of a campus environment as possible.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we introduce new procedures to which all of us will need to adjust. Expect some hiccups. If you are an instructor teaching a hybrid or in-person class, please expect some delays on the first day your class meets on campus.
Provost & Senior VP for Academic Affairs
VP of Operations and CIO