THE SOE COMMITTEE ON COURSE & STANDING (CC&S)
The Committee is convened by the Assistant Dean of Enrollment & Student Services (ex officio) who serves as staff to the Committee and has voice but no vote. All the cases are prepared and submitted for review through the Assistant Dean and CC &S Chair. After review and discussion of the documents, the Committee votes on each case. The Assistant Dean communicates the committee's decisions to the candidate in writing. The Assistant Dean also communicates the decisions with the college's administrative offices (Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid) to complete the process. A candidate may only re-submit an appeal to the Committee with new evidence.
No grade changes appeals will be reviewed by the committee bearing the following circumstances:
- The instructor has accepted work after an original grade has been submitted.
- The instructor allows the candidate to audit/partially audit a course for a grade change after an original permanent grade has been entered.
- The instructor renegotiates a grade with the candidate after an original permanent grade has been entered.
A decision made by the committee is final. Additionally, appeals are either approved or denied by the committee. If so desired, a request for information regarding the rationale of a decision must be submitted in writing to the attention of the committee chair.
Copies of the following documents can be picked up from the Office of Student Services located in the North Academic Center, Room 3/223A:
- Committee on Course and Standing Handbook
- School of Education Appeal Form
- Assistant Dean, Stacia Pusey, firstname.lastname@example.org or at (212) 650-5345
- Committee Chair, Dr. Nadjwa Norton: email@example.com
For other appeals, please use the links provided to view procedural steps, contact person/s and appropriate forms. (Copies of the following documents can be picked up from the Office of Student Services located in the North Academic Center, Room 3/223A):
- CCNY Office of Affirmative Action, Compliance and Diversity
- Complaints on discrimination and sexual harassment
- CCNY Office of Academic Standards
- CCNY Division of Student Affairs
- Community Standards
- General Complaint Form