Graduation To-Do Checklist
- Check the availability of Migen Prifti for the rest of spring 2020 to make an appointment:
- Apply for graduation on CUNYFirst by the deadline that is posted on the Academic Calendar.
There are 3 graduations: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Check with Program director the following dates and deadlines if any or all are required of your MA program:
- Thesis* submission (It usually is on May 7, August 7, December 7 unless “7“ falls on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.)
- Foreign Language Exam** is coordinated by the Classical and Modern Languages of CCNY (e-mail to Program Directors is sent every semester)
- Comprehensive exam***
- Submit to my office by the deadline the following:
- Program Completion checklist signed by Program Director
- Thesis signed by all respective reader(s)
- *Department-approved coverpage
- *Thesis hardcopy in black binder
- *Upload thesis on Academic Works **** https://academicworks.cuny.edu/cc_etds_theses/
Other matters to attend to:
- Make sure you don’t have any grades of INC grades, because that will prevent you from graduation.
- Make sure that you have the total required credits for your program by the end of the semester
- Make sure that transfer credits such as e-permits/mobility semester/Study Abroad, Advanced Standing are posted well before the deadline to submit your thesis* and program clearance form.
- Commencement: There are two graduations one CCNY which is organized by Student Affairs https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/commencement and the other organized by the Division: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/humanities/staff . If you would like to participate in both, you need to respond to both invitations sent to your CCNY e-mail separately. You purchase only one cap and gown for both ceremonies.
For further questions, please contact, Migen Prifti,Divisional Advisor and Auditor
NAC 5/225 e-mail: email@example.com
- * This applies to thesis/tesina/field papers
- ** Knowledge of a Foreign Language is required to take the exam. Please discuss the other options to satisfy the Foreign Language requirement, such as a Reading Foreign Language course at the Graduate Center https://www.gc.cuny.edu/Page-Elements/Academics-Research-Centers-Initiatives/Special-Programs/Language-Reading-Program
- *** Only applicable to English and Spanish MA students
- **** Uploading to Academic Works is applicable to thesis only for the following MA programs: Art History, English, History.