Greetings! Welcome to the Office of the Registrar
Here at CCNY, you will have a very unique learning experience. Together we will ensure that you have a pleasant and rewarding educational experience.
Registrar's Office – What do we do:
- The office maintains academic records for all students at the college.
- The office issues transcripts, records grades, coordinates course registration, processes verification letters, issues special documents, maintains the academic calendar, and more.
- The office awards students' degrees, and issues diplomas.
- The office communicates relevant information to our student population.
- The office protects all students' information in accordance with FERPA* guidelines.
*We follow the federal law called Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to protect your academic records. This was enacted in 1974 to ensure that your records are never released to anyone without your express written consent.
We have a lot of important information and services available on the left hand side of our Homepage. Some of the more important items are the following:
- Academic Calendar- informs you of deadlines and important dates. This is where you would find semester information like: activities that take place during the semester; when the college is closed; registration dates; the deadline to add, drop and or withdraw from your courses; when grades are due; final exam dates; refunds dates, etc. Please look at the academic calendar often to stay abreast of important activities throughout the semester as the dates are subject to change.
- Course and Registration Info- this provides important information regarding registering for your courses each semester, and the final exam schedule.
- DegreeWorks- this is the area where you have access to a program called "DegreeWorks" – which is your electronic academic advisor. This tool is available 24/7. Please keep in mind that this is only a tool to assist you in completing your requirements towards graduation. Please consult with an academic advisor often if you have questions concerning your progress towards graduation.
- Registrar Request Forms- as you progress in your academic career, you will be requesting certain documents from this office: i.e. Verification of Enrollment, Change of Address or Personal Data, etc. When you visit our office, you will be required to present a photo identification and we will assist you.
- Student Resources- illustrates how to calculate a GPA and includes advising information.
So…how do you graduate from CCNY? Does it happen automatically? No, it does not. When you approach senior status here at the college, a link will appear in your CUNYFirst account so that you can apply for the degree. Once you click on it, you are on your way. Please note that applying for graduation does not guarantee graduation! You MUST complete all of your academic requirements to earn a degree.
Again, consult with your academic advisor for further clarification.
Thank you and WELCOME TO THE CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK.
For more information you can call us at 212.650.7850 or E-mail us at Registrar@ccny.cuny.edu.