Student Enrollment Verifications
City College of New York(CCNY) sends student enrollment date electronically to the National Student Clearinghouse(NSC) during the first week of each semester and subsequently every two weeks.
To conveniently serve City College of New York students, we have authorized the the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to act as our agent for verification of student's status and or enrollment.
If you need to obtain your enrollment verification from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), please click the following link: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org .
The following options are available through NSC Self-Service (24 hours a day/7 days a week):
- Student can obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to companies or other agencies that request proof of enrollment. Note: You can only print the current term and/or previous enrollment terms. Future terms are not available via the NSC Self-Service.
If you need to obtain your enrollment verification for future terms you can obtain this information through CUNYFirst. Click on the following link for directions: CUNYFirst Enrollment Verification Steps.
- Students can view the student loan deferment notifications that the NSC has provided to loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
- Students can view the proof(s) of enrollment that the NSC has provided to other providers of student services or products.
- Students can view specific information about their loans.
Note: The enrollment verification certificates will not include your personal information (date of birth, SSN, or address) as well as teh college's address.
If your enrollment status was not reported to your lender, you can complete the Request for Certification Letter form and submit to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
Third Party Certifications
If you are an employer, someone verifying a student scholarship, insurance company or other third party agency needing certification of student enrollment and degree verification at City College of New York (CCNY), please note the following:
- The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) has been authorized to act as our agent for certification of enrollments and degree verifications for students who attended or graduated from CCNY. Please direct all request for certification of attendance or graduation to the Clearinghouse.
- The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , by telephone at (703) 742-4200 or by fax along with the student's signed and dated consent to (703) 742-4239. This service is available 24 hours a day seven days a week, via the Clearinghouse website at www.studentclearinghouse.org.
Last Updated: 04/23/2020 15:33