What is an "Apostille" or "Authentication?"
For a description, please visit http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/apostille.html.
Where can I have my documents authenticated for an Apostille?
Documents eligible for authentication may be presented to the Office of the Registrar in room A-102, during regularly scheduled business hours.
What documents are eligible for an "Apostille" or "Authentication?"
- A copy of your original diploma (must present the original diploma for copies to be made).
- Official transcript (must request a new official copy at the time of inquiry).
- Certification of Enrollment Letter.
- Course description(s), (they will be provided when requested).
How do I obtain an Apostille or Authentication?
- The Registrar authenticates your document(s) with a statement that the documents are "true and correct." Please make sure that you have all of the original documentation (except for course description(s)) in your possession at the time of your request.
- The Registrar will notify you when your forms have been completed and are available for pick up.
- You will then be directed to a campus Notary Public who will notarize the documents. The Notary may charge you a nominal processing fee.
- You must then take the notarized document(s) to the County Clerk's Office. (The County Clerk must reside in the same county of the Notary Public who witnessed your document(s) )
- For the County Clerk's Office in your borough and for more information on this process, please visit http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corps/apostille.html.
Can I mail the documents or do I need to make an appointment?
- So that we can accommodate your request in a timely manner, we recommend that you submit your document(s) in person.
- If you prefer to mail in your document(s), please send them to the following address:
The City College of New York The Office of the Registrar 160 Convent Avenue, Room A-102 New York, NY 10031 How long does the process take?
- submitted in person can take 3-5 business days.
- Documents submitted by mail may take longer. To assist our office in processing your document(s) in a timely manner, you may wish to include a contact number or email address so that we can contact you should any questions arise.
Is there a fee to have my documents authenticated?
- The College does not charge a fee. However, if an official transcript is one of the documents you wish to have authenticated, then you will be required to pay a transcript fee. Please go here for more information on requesting a transcript.
- For other processing fees that are not associated with the College, please visit NYS Department of State at http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corps/apostille.html.
- The Notary Public may charge you a fee.
What if I am out of the country and cannot come in to have my documents authenticated? You may have someone act on your behalf in having your document(s) authenticated. That person MUST bring in:
- A written and signed authorization letter from you (include in the letter the name of your representative, the name(s) of the document(s) that you are requesting to be authenticated and your contact information).
- A photo copy of your passport.
- The person acting as your proxy must present a valid government issued photo ID.
How can I check the status of my document(s)? To check the status of your document(s), please call 212-650-7850 or email email@example.com .