The CCNY Writing Center provides one-on-one peer tutoring for its student writing community.
Consultants at the CCNY Writing Center play the really valuable role of being thoughtful and careful readers of another student's work in a relaxed environment. Consultants do not grade papers or even judge a student's work; instead, they act as helpful, experienced readers of a writer's work. Consultants listen to a student's ideas, read drafts, and discuss assignments as they help the writer to revise his/her/their writing. Consultants also help students learn how to edit their work by reviewing grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Prior tutoring experience preferred
- GPA of 3.5 or above and at least 45 undergraduate credits completed
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability to work 10-15 hours per week, Monday to Friday (5 hours per day, 2-3 days per week). Shifts are 11 am-4 pm or 1 pm-6 pm.
- Punctuality and regular attendance