I need permission to enroll in a class. Contact the instructor and/or  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu

I want academic advice. If you are a chemistry/biochemistry major, contact your advisor. If you have not declared your major (through the iDeclare system, having met the prerequisites to declare), please contact Science Advising.

I want to take a graduate course. If you are an undergraduate attempting to take a graduate course or vice versa, you will need to:

① Get approval from your faculty advisor

② Get approval from the course instructor. Email chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu  for more information.

I need an overtally. We do not overtally into courses. If you wish to inquire about waitlists, email  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu  or place yourself on the CUNYfirst waitlist when trying to register if a course has an option to waitlist.

How do I declare a minor? Email gkowach@ccny.cuny.edu . Check out https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/chemistry/chemminor for more information.

How do I declare a major? Use the iDeclare electronic system https://central.ccny.cuny.edu/ideclare/index.php and check here for more information: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/chemistry/chemmajor

Who is my major advisor? Check your CUNYfirst account after your declaration is processed. Otherwise, please refer back to the Science Advisors.

I want to complain about an issue with faculty, staff or an administrator. Please contact the main office email, chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu . There is an additional procedure for complaints about faculty: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/2019-12/PROCEDURES_FOR_HA… 

I want to dispute a grade that I received. Contact the Professor to discuss and review any discrepancies. In addition to that, here is the site with grade appeal information, if you need to go through that process: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/standards/appeals

I want to change my advisor. Email  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu .

I want to see my final exam but the instructor is no longer at CCNY. If you took your exam within the last year, check with the Professor. If you try their email address that you previously used while taking their course and you do not get a reply, contact the department office via email  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu . They may have it. If you took your exam more than a year ago, we no longer keep the record of it.

I need help with financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office.

Are you hiring students in your department? Please check by emailing  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu .

What kind of jobs can I get with this major? If you already have an advisor, speak with your advisor or a department faculty member. You may also want to connect with our CCNY Career and Professional Development Institute https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/cpdi

I want to be a doctor; where do I start? Contact the Pre-Health Program by going in person to MR-1208B or emailing  premedical@ccny.cuny.edu  . You can also find more information here: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/premed. You are encouraged to connect with the Pre-Health Program as soon as you know you are interested in pursuing this path. 

How do I do my graduation check? In the semester of your graduation, you will receive an email from the Department's Head Undergraduate Advisor with details about how to process a graduation check. You will need to do a graduation check with both the department and Science Advising. If you have any questions, feel free to email  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu .

How do I have a course I took at another college evaluated for credit? The first stop for this is Transfer Admissions. If additional help is needed, send the syllabus of what you took to  chemdept@ccny.cuny.edu , along with a copy of your unofficial transcript and ask for a transfer evaluation. Please note which course(s) at CCNY you hope to get credit for in the message you send as well. Allow 2-3 business days for a confirmation of receipt of your request. 

Last Updated: 11/19/2022 13:47