Dean’s List FAQs
Am I eligible for the Dean’s List?
Students are placed on the Dean's List if for that year they:
- are enrolled as a full-time undergraduate first-degree student for two consecutive semesters
- have a 3.2 or above grade point average
- completed at least 24 credits at City College
- have no grades other than A, B, C, D, W or P
How do I get on the Dean's List?
Students do not need to apply. The Registrar's Office maintains the List.
Can I get on the Dean’s List every semester?
Students are eligible for the Dean’s List only once a year. For example, if you are placed on the Dean’s List in Fall 2014, you would not be eligible again until Fall 2015.
How do I know if I am on the Dean’s List?
The Registrar generates the Dean’s List after grades are in every semester. Eligible students will receive a ‘Dean's List’ notation on their transcript. Students can view their transcript in the student center on CUNYFirst.
For Further Information
- Students may contact the Registrar's Office at 212-650-7850 or visit the registrar website www.ccny.cuny.edu/registrar
- Refer to Dean's List in the College Bulletin