Online Application for Visiting StudentsGraduate School of Education Non-Degree Application
You must submit the Online Application to Summer @ City,
if you are not already enrolled at CCNY or CUNY and:
- You are a Non-Degree/Visiting student or a visitor from another college and will be registering for undergraduate courses as a non-degree student. You must submit a student copy of your college transcript. For students who have not attended a post-secondary institution, a copy of your high school transcript with proof of graduation is required.
Please note: If you are a student from a non-CUNY college, it is your responsibility to ensure that the credits you earn at CCNY are accepted at your home college. While The City College does not require a letter stating that another institution will accept these credits, we urge you to pursue that option.
- If you are a graduate student (Engineering, Education or Liberal Arts/Scienc)you must submit undergraduate transcripts indicating degree conferral. You are allowed a maximum of six (6) graduate credits as a non-matriculated student in the School of Engineering, a maximum of twelve (12) graduate credits as a non-matriculated student in the College of Liberal Arts and Science, and a maximum of nine (9) graduate credits for the School of Education. Program advisors within the divisions will determine your eligibility to take non-matriculated graduate courses at CCNY.
For the School of Education, submit the online application and select "graduate" if you are new and entering a School of Education graduate program.
- You do NOT need to submit a separate application for the summer sessions if you are currently enrolled at City College. You may register according to the schedule published on the web;
- or you are currently enrolled at another CUNY college. Consult with the Registrar’s Office at your home school for instructions on the e-Permit (Electronic Permit) process.
- You are a new or transfer student who has been admitted to CCNY for Fall 2011. You are invited to begin your studies in the summer session, and do not need to submit a separate application for admission to Summer 2011.
- If you are a new freshman or transfer student, you must have successfully completed or been exempted from the CUNY Assessment Test. Please call the Office of Admissions at 212-650-6554 to notify us of your intention to begin in the Summer session.
- If you are a new graduate student for the Fall and wish to take Summer classes, please call the Office of Graduate Admissions:
All Others 212-650-6898
Time for Submitting Applications
- If you are applying for Session X (Extended) or Session I, you must mail the application by May 15. After May 15th, applications will be accepted but course availability may be limited.
- If you are applying for Session II, you must mail the application by June 20. After June 20th, applications will be accepted but course availability may be limited.
In order to facilitate the process of registering for classes, we encourage you to submit your online application as soon as possible, and mail the appropriate supporting documentation immediately thereafter..