Admissions To Summer @ City 2009

Admissions To Summer @ City 2009

Download Application:

You must submit the General Application to Summer @ City 2009,
if you are not already enrolled at CCNY or CUNY and:

  • You are a non-degree, Post Baccalaureate student or a visitor from another college and will be registering for undergraduate courses as a non-degree student. You must submit proof of graduation from high school in order to register for classes at The City College. You may submit a diploma, the GED, a letterfrom your currentcollege, or a current college transcript.

Please note: If you are a student from a non-CUNY college, it is your responsibility to ensure that the credits you earn at CCNY are accepted at your home college. While The City College does not require a letter stating that another institution will accept these credits, we urge you to pursue that option for your own sake.

  • You are a graduate engineering or liberal arts and science student. You must submit undergraduate transcripts indicating degree conferral. You are allowed a maximum of six (6) graduate credits as a non-matriculated student in the School of Engineering, a maximum of twelve (12) graduate credits as a non-matriculated student in the College of Liberal Arts and Science, and a maximum of nine (9) credits for the School of Education. Program advisors within the divisions will determine your eligibility to take non-matriculated graduate courses at CCNY.

    You must submit the School of Education Non-Degree Application,
    if you are new and entering a School of Education graduate program.
  • All students must submit proof of conferral of a Bachelor’s degree
    with the application.
  • Prior to registration you must have your courses approved by your Advisor.

You do NOT need to submit a separate application for the summer sessions if:

·You are currently enrolled at City College. You may register according to the schedule published on the web.

·You are currently enrolled at another CUNY college. Consult with the Registrar’s Office at your home school for instructions on the e-Permit (Electronic Permit)process.

·You are a new or transfer student who has been admitted to CCNY for Fall 2009. You are invited to begin your studies in the summer session, and do not need to submita separate application for admission to Summer 2009.

·If you are a new freshman or transfer student, you must have successfully completed or been exempted from the CUNY Assessment Test. Please call the Office of Admissions at 212-650-6554 to notify us of your intention to begin in the Summer session.

·If you are a new graduate student for the Fall and wish to take summer classes, please call the Office of Graduate Admissions:
Architecture 212-650-8748
Education 212-650-6296
All Others 212-650-6898


Time for Submitting Applications

  • If you are applying for Session X (Extended) or Session I, you must mail the application by May 15 or bring it with you when you come in to register on May 27.
  • If you are applying for Session II, apply by mail by June 22 or bring the application with you on June 25.

In order to facilitate the process of registering for classes, we encourage you to submit your application, including the appropriate supporting documentation, by mail.

You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or in a qualifying non-immigrant status to qualify for the New York State (NYS) resident tuition. Please call the Office of Admissions (212-650-6448)if you have questions about your eligibility for in-state tuition. The residency claim is based on your permanent address.

  • If you live with your parents, information about their residence must be submitted.
  • Living in dormitory facilities in New York State does not constitute New York State residency, if your permanent residence is out-of-state.

Acceptable proof of residency consists of a signed and dated lease or copies of your most recent complete Federal or New York State tax returns. You may substitute a NYS driver's license or telephone bills in your name dated twelve months prior to June 1, 2009, for either the lease or the tax return. Students under age 24 whose parents or legal guardians live outside the State of New York may be considered non-residents.


All students who are registering for 5.5 or more credits must provide proof of immunization to the Wellness & Counseling Center (Marshak Science Building, Room 15; 212-650-8222).

Application Fee
Non-CUNY students will have a non-refundable application fee of $65 added to their bill at registration. For graduate students, please submit an application fee of $125 with your application.

Student IDS
Students must wear their IDs at all times while on the CCNY campus or boarding the CCNY shuttle-bus. After registering, all students new to the CCNY campus will pick up their bills from the designated area and then present that bill at the designated area in the North Academic Center (NA) to obtain their IDs.

Integrity of Documents
All documents submitted in support of an application for admission become the permanent possession of The City College and the City University of New York and will not be returned to the applicant.

All information requested in an application must be answered fully and correctly. Omission of colleges, universities and/or proprietary schools attended or falsification of information will constitute grounds for permanently rescinding an offer of admission, disciplinary action and/or dismissal. See “CUNY Policy on Fraudulent Documents” dated February 8, 2005.

Right to Deny Admission
The college reserves the right to deny admission to any student if in its judgment, the presence of that student on campus poses an undue risk to the safety or security of the college or the college community. That judgment will be based on an individualized determination taking into account any information the college has about a student's criminal record and the particular circumstances of the college, including the presence of a child care center, a public school or public school students on the campus.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York Student Records Access Policy of November 2005, City College students have “the right to inspect and review any and all official records, riles and data directly related” to them and to deny access to others without written consent of the student except under limited and specified circumstances. This right pertains to any current or former student but not to candidates for admission.

Students who wish to inspect and review their education records may make the request to the Registrar’s Office or to the person in charge of the record in question, but a request pertaining to records in the custody of a teacher or counselor should be made directly to that teacher or counselor. Requests made to the Registrar’s Office must be made by completing a request form. Requests for records in other locations may be oral or written. Requests shall be granted or denied within fifteen days of receipt of the request.

City College adheres to the FERPA definition of “directory information”. “Directory information” includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, electronic mail address, photograph, major field of study, dates of attendance, date and place of birth, degrees and awards received, enrolled status, year or date of expected graduation, height and weight of members of athletic teams, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, degrees, honors and the most recent educational agency or institution attended by the student. Items that cannot be identified as directory information are a student’s social security number, citizenship, gender, religious preference, grades and GPA.Download a non-disclosure request form.