Message to New Students
Message to New Students
Here at CCNY, you will have a very unique learning experience and we strive to ensure that you will make sure that you graduate on time.
Registrar's Office – What do we do:
- The office maintainsrecords for all students at the institution forever.
- Issues transcripts, grades, coordinates course registration, verification letters, issues special documents, maintains academic calendar, etc.
- Awards student's degrees, issues diplomas
- Communicates relevant information to our student population.
- Protects all students' information.
We follow federal law called Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to protect your academic records. This was enacted in the early 1970's to ensure that your records are never released to anyone without your express written consent.
We have a lot of important information and services available on the left hand side of our Homepage:
- Academic calendar- Let you know deadlines and important dates. This is where activities take place for the semester; college closed, registration dates, deadline to drop/withdraw from your courses, grades due, final exam dates, refunds, etc. Please look at this academic calendar often to stay abreast of important activities throughout the semester.
- Registrar Request Forms – As you progress in your academic career, you will be requesting certain documents from this office, ie: verification of enrollment, change of address or personal data, etc. When you visit our office, you will be required to present identification and we will assist you.
- Course and Registration Info – this provides important information regarding registering for your courses each semester, final exam schedule, etc.
- Portal Log-in / Citizen CUNY – this is the area where you have access to a program called "DegreeWorks" – Your electronic academic advisor. This tool is available 24/7. Please keep in mind that this is only a tool to assist you in completing your requirements towards graduation. Please consult with an academic advisor often if you have questions concerning your progress towards graduation.
So…how do you graduate from CCNY? Does it happen automatically? No. When you approach senior status here at the college, a link will appear in your CUNYFirst account for you to apply for degree. You click on it, then you are on your way. Applying for graduation does not guarantee graduation! You MUST complete all of your academic requirements to earn a degree.
Again, consult with your academic advisor for further clarification
Another tab that is useful is the "Student Resources" tab. It illustrates how to calculate a GPA, grading, advising information and how to view your grades.
Thank you all and WELCOME TO CITY COLLEGE.
For more information please call us at 212.650.7850/7852 or check out some of the tabs on the left.