1. I need permission to enroll in a class: Contact the instructor and/or biology@ccny.cuny.edu

2. I want to take a graduate course If you are an undergraduate attempting to take a graduate course or vice versa, you will need to:

① Get approval from your faculty advisor

② Get approval from Dr. Berkov, as the MS Program Director and get approval from the course instructor. Then send the approvals in one email to Cklusko@ccny.cuny.edu to have the permission granted.

3.I need an overtally: We do not overtally into courses. If you wish to inquire about waitlists, email biology@ccny.cuny.edu or place yourself on the CUNYfirst waitlist when trying to register if a course has an option to waitlist.

4. How do I declare a minor? Email Jedelman@ccny.cuny.edu .

5. How do I declare a major? Use the iDeclare electronic system https://central.ccny.cuny.edu/ideclare/index.php and check here for more information: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/biology/declaring-biology-major

6. Who is my major advisor? Check your CUNYfirst account after your declaration is processed. Otherwise, please refer back to the CCAPP Advisors.

7. I want to complain about an issue with faculty, staff or an administrator. Please contact the main office email, biology@ccny.cuny.edu . There is an additional procedure for complaints about faculty: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/2019-12/PROCEDURES_FOR_HA… 

8. I want to dispute a grade that I received: Contact the Professor to discuss and review any discrepancies. In addition to that, here is the site with grade appeal information, if you need to go through that process: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/standards/appeals

9. I want to change my advisor: Email head undergraduate advisor, Spring 22 Ygrigoryev@ccny.cuny.edu .

10. I want to see my final exam but the instructor is no longer at CCNY. If you took your exam within the last year, check with the Professor. If you try their email address that you previously used while taking their course and you do not get a reply, contact the department office via email biology@ccny.cuny.edu . They may have it. If you took your exam more than a year ago, we no longer keep the record of it.

11. Are you hiring students in your department? Please check by emailing biology@ccny.cuny.edu .

12. What kind of jobs can I get with this major? If you already have a major, speak with your advisor or a department faculty member. If you do not have a major, go to Office of Student Services (MR-108) or Career & Professional Development Institute (NAC 1/116).

13. I want to be a doctor; where do I start? Contact the Pre-Medical Studies office by going in person to MR-106 or emailing premedical@ccny.cuny.edu . You can also find more information here: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/premed. You are encouraged to connect with the Pre-Medical Studies Office as soon as you know you are interested in pursuing this path. 

14. How do I do my graduation check? In the semester of your graduation, you will receive an email from the Department or Head Undergraduate Advisor with details about how to process a graduation check. You will need to do a graduation check with both the department and CCAPP. If you have any questions, feel free to email biology@ccny.cuny.edu .

15. How do I have a course I took at another college evaluated for credit? The first stop for this is Transfer Admissions. If additional help is needed, send the syllabus of what you took to biology@ccny.cuny.edu , along with a copy of your unofficial transcript and ask for a transfer evaluation. Please note which course(s) at CCNY you hope to get credit for in the message you send as well. Allow 2-3 business days for a confirmation of receipt of your request. 



Last Updated: 01/07/2022 15:35