Share This

Transportation Engineering Requirements

Civil Engineering

Transportation Engineering Requirements

A minimum of 30 credits, consisting of 15 required credits from list 1, either a zero credit report or a 3-credit project from list II, and the remaining credits from list III.


I. Required Courses (15 credits):


1. CE H1000 Mathematical Methods in Civil Engineering
2. CE H0200 Transportation Economics (or equivalent)

3. CE I2200 Transportation Asset Management

4. CE I2400 Analytical Techniques in Transportation

5. CE I2600 Urban Transportation Planning


II. Choose one (0 to 3 credits):


1. CE I9700 Report (0 credit)

2. CE I9800 Project (3 credits)


III. Electives (12 to 15 credits)


CE 52000 Traffic Engineering

CE 52500 Geometric design

CE 52600 Rail System Design 

CE 54000 Highway Engineering 

CE 54100 Highway and Airport Construction 

CE G3500 Transportation Safety 

CE G4900 Transportation Network Analysis 

CE H2100 Flexible and Rigid Pavements 

CE H24000 Airport Design and Planning 

CE H4500 Urban Public Transportation

CE H4600 Environmental Issues in Transportation

CE H5200 Bridge Engineering CE I2000 Travel Demand Forecasting 

CE I2700 Transportation Policy CE I2800 Transit Systems: Planning and Operations

CE I2900 Transportation Project Evaluation

CE I4000 Traffic Control

CE I4100 Intelligent Transportation Systems

CE I4500 Advanced Transportation Planning 

CE I4700 Planning and Design of Passenger Terminals




* 50000 Level courses are available to Graduate and Undergraduate Students. Graduate Students can receive graduate credit for at most two 500 level courses and only if they receive a B or better.
Any Deviations from this list must be pre-approved by a transportation advisor.
All Graduate students in transportation are expected to have knowledge in computer usage and programming, probability and statistics, calculus, and economics. Those who have not had at least one course in each of these topics must take an equivalent course for no graduate credit.
Graduate students in transportation are expected to have knowledge of traffic engineering either from previous studies or by taking CE 5200.   Before taking CE I9700 (Report) or I9800 (Project), the student must complete nine graduate credits. To register for either the Report or Project, the student should select a faculty mentor. After meeting with the student, the mentor will submit a form to the Registrar.