Inspired by a tradition of access and excellence, the mission of the Civil Engineering Department is to educate and prepare a diverse body of undergraduate students to be leaders in the Civil Engineering profession, as practicing engineers, engineering managers, researchers or educators. The Department will continue its tradition of maintaining a diverse faculty, and of educating students of diverse backgrounds, including traditionally underrepresented minorities and women. Our graduates will be technically capable and intellectually motivated, and will possess the communications skills and the understanding of economic, societal and environmental impacts needed to address modern civil engineering challenges.
- To provide quality education for a diverse student body.
- To prepare technically capable and intellectually motivated civil engineers with the communications skills and an understanding of economic, societal and environmental impacts necessary to address modern civil engineering challenges.
- To conduct high quality research in areas of local, national, and global importance.
- To serve the community and the Civil Engineering profession.
- To enhance the status of the Civil Engineering department as a leader in Civil Engineering education, research and service.
- To develop instructional and research collaborations with stakeholders such as local or federal agencies and firms.