CE STUDENT COUNCIL
The student council was founded in Fall 2019. The goals of the council are:
- To provide a forum for student expression, anonymous or otherwise;
- To act as liaisons between the student body and faculty;
- To resolve issues facing the student body;
- To interact with faculty on matters that affect students, such as curriculum changes;
- To promote good citizenship; and
- To foster school spirit and loyalty.
Students are elected to the council for a full academic year.
Students are encouraged to communicate directly with the current council members, who for the 2020-2021 academic year are:
- ASCE representative Ana Radonjic
- Concrete Canoe representative Michael Rivera
- DFI representative Luis Abreu
- EWB representative Nicholas Gorton
- Chi Epsilon representative Michael Vera
- SEAoNY representative Muhammad Ahmad
- General representative Michael Cheung
- General representative Jose Wu Hung Fung
CE STUDENT HONOR SOCIETY
Chi Epsilon is the National CE Honor Society. It was founded in 1922, and has initiated over 114,000 members at universities across the United States. Students and professionals are selected to become members based on recognition of their scholarship, character, practicality and sociability, which are considered by Chi Epsilon to be the four primary traits of a successful engineer. Scholarship is determined based on class rank as a junior or senior. Members of Chi Epsilon are highly sought by CE employers. The CCNY Chapter was founded in 1949 and was the 30th to be established. The CCNY Chi Epsilon chapter strives to provide all students with the skills and tools that they need to succeed in their future careers, by providing tutoring, resume and interviewing workshops, seminars, and field trips.
CE STUDENT CLUBS
Our student clubs are extremely active. Students of all levels are encouraged to get involved -- you do not need to be a graduating senior to meaningfully contribute to student club activities. Some of the benefits of participation include networking, team building, hands on technical experience and the development of professionalism skills.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Concrete Canoe
- Deep Foundation Institute (DFI)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB) -- not just for CE students
- New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA)
- Steel Bridge
- Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY)
- Graduate Student Club
Handout describing eboards and activities of the council, Chi Epsilon and the clubs