The student council was founded in Fall 2019. The goals of the council are:
- To provide a forum for student expression, anonymous or otherwise;
- To act as liaisons between the student body and faculty;
- To resolve issues facing the student body;
- To interact with faculty on matters that affect students, such as curriculum changes;
- To promote good citizenship; and
- To foster school spirit and loyalty.
Students are elected to the council for a full academic year.
Students are encouraged to communicate directly with the current council members, who for the 2020-2021 academic year are:
- Michael Cheung
- Michael Rivera
- Other members TBA
Our student clubs are extremely active. Students of all levels are encouraged to get involved -- you do not need to be a graduating senior to meaningfully contribute to student club activities. Some of the benefits of participation include networking, team building, hands on technical experience and the development of professionalism skills.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chi Epsilon
- Concrete Canoe
- Deep Foundation Institute (DFI)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB) -- not just for CE students
- New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA)
- Steel Bridge
- Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY)
- Graduate Student Club