FULL-TIME FACULTY OPPORTUNITIES
Assistant or Associate tenured/tenure-track faculty in Environmental Engineering details for CUNY Job ID 26262
The Department of Civil Engineering at The City College of New York (CCNY) of The City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the area of environmental engineering. The start date for the position is Fall 2024, with an option to begin sooner. We seek applicants who will join us in leading the efforts to evolve water and wastewater infrastructure to become resilient to climate change, sustainable, and socially and environmentally equitable; and in areas that are complementary to our on-going research efforts in domestic water/wastewater engineering. Specific areas of interest to the department include, but are not limited to innovations in: water resource recovery and valorization; technology applications for process control such as connected and automated instrumentation; modeling and system management approaches that leverage emerging data streams; biological wastewater treatment; biological process modeling and optimization; and water/wastewater treatment of PFAS, microplastics, endocrine disruptors, disinfection by-products and other emerging contaminants. -- Open until filled with review of applications to start on January 31, 2023.
Assistant or Associate tenured/tenure-track faculty in Geomechanics details for CUNY Job ID 26096
The Department of Civil Engineering at the City College of New York (CCNY) of the City University of New York (CUNY) is seeking a full-time tenure-track faculty member with expertise in Geotechnical Engineering and Geomechanics. We are particularly interested in appointments at the Assistant Professor level. Exceptionally qualified candidates at Associate Professor rank may also be considered. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an externally funded research program that complements existing departmental expertise. Specific geotechnical engineering and geomechanics subareas of interest to the department include: Soil-structure interaction; Geo-hazard analysis and mitigation; Application of multi-scale computational modeling, data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques to geotechnical engineering; Resilience, durability, and life-cycle assessment of geotechnical infrastructure; Research that improves community resilience to increasing climate hazards through performance-based design and adaptation of geotechnical assets. -- Open until filled with review of applications to start on January 31, 2023.
Open rank, tenured/tenure-track faculty in Transportation Engineering details for CUNY Job ID 25116
The Department of Civil Engineering is seeking a tenure-track faculty member with expertise in transportation engineering. Specific areas of research interest include sustainable, equitable, and resilient transportation infrastructure planning, design, and operations; advanced technology applications for transportation; and new multi-scale modeling and system management approaches that leverage emerging data streams. Candidates with potential to develop interdisciplinary research and educational programs with partners in other GSOE, CCNY, and CUNY divisions are preferred. Examples of relevant areas for collaboration include artificial intelligence and computer vision applications to transportation; remote sensing and advanced geospatial analysis; transportation-energy system interdependencies; public health and community impacts of transportation and infrastructure; and urban and sustainability design. -- Open until filled with review of applications to start December 31, 2022.
How to apply: Apply through CUNY jobs at https://cuny.jobs/
FULL-TIME STAFF OPPORTUNITIES
Administrative specialist details for CUNY Job ID 25403
The Administrative Specialist will report to the Chair of the Department of Civil Engineering, and will assist with all aspects of departmental administration including policies and procedures; record keeping; payroll; budgets; scholarships; expenditures; and requests for orders of support and supplies. The Administrative Specialist will act as liaison to other department, college, and university offices and take an active role in the management of space and facilities within the department.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required, as well as excellent organization and communication skills, positive attitude, strong performance and independence, ability to maintain calendar and prioritize work, and ability to act with discretion.
How to apply: Apply through CUNY jobs at https://cuny.jobs/
PART-TIME FACULTY OPPORTUNITIES
Faculty for CE H0200 Transportation Economics in Spring semester on Thursdays 6:30-9pm
Our students benefit from learning "the practice" from licensed practicing engineers. And so, we are looking for passionate, articulate, and capable part-time instructors to join our faculty. All courses are coordinated by a full time faculty to ensure consistency in content, quality of teaching, and student learning expectations. If you would like to join our faculty as a part-time instructor, please submit your application to the CE Department Chair Prof. Beth Wittig at email@example.com . Faculty who have taught the course in question in the CE Department in the prior 6 years do not need to complete an application; faculty who have taught in the CE Department in the prior 6 years but have not taught the course in question need only complete section 3 of the application.
How to apply: Submit to the department chair your resume; a one-page statement describing your teaching experience and your pedagogical philosophy; a one-page statement describing the practical experience you will bring into the classroom, where and when you have taught the course in the past, and student reviews of your teaching of the course; and the names and contact information of two prior employers (educational or otherwise).
PART-TIME STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Tutors in CE courses The CE Department is looking for positive, organized, and capable CE students willing to tutor other students in foundational CE courses: CE 231 Statics, CE 332 Mechanics, CE 264 Data Analysis, CE 316 Systems and Decision Analysis. Interested students must have completed the course they wish to TA for at CCNY and earned a grade of B or higher. They must also have availability to tutor during the day-time and in person.
- Administrative Assistant The CE Department is looking for positive, organized, people-oriented person to provide basic support to faculty and staff. Duties will include but are not limited to: preparing handouts for meetings, ordering food for meetings, taking meeting minutes, processing payment requests, managing use of the conference room, and greeting people at the front desk.
- Assessment Assistant The CE Department is also looking for a positive, creative and detail-oriented person to provide assistance to the faculty on the CE Assessment Committee. Duties will include but are not limited to: Preparing surveys, entering into Excel data collected from surveys, preparing reports, collecting data from faculty, and keeping track of collected and outstanding data.
- Graphic Design Assistant The CE Department is also looking for a student with some graphic design or website development coursework or experience to help prepare promotional items for the department, including course flyers, website elements, and other branding assignments.
- Social Media Assistant The CE Department is also looking for a student to post information about the department and its stakeholders regularly to social media. Interested students must be familiar with the LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook platforms, have experience in tailoring information for these platforms.
How to apply: Students interested in these opportunities should express their interest directly to the department chair and will be asked to then apply through the CCNY Work-Study program.
Last Updated: 01/23/2023 13:41