Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Approved by New York State Education Department (NYSED)
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
CLASSES WILL BE HYBRID. CLINICAL SESSIONS WILL BE HELD IN-PERSON WITHIN A NURSING HOME FACILITY.
Any student attending this course is required to be Covid-19 Vaccinated: https://www.cuny.edu/coronavirus/faqs/
This 130-hour program is approved by New York State and provides both classroom instruction and a 30-hour clinical internship. Coursework includes anatomy and physiology, basic life support, and fundamentals of patient care. During the final six weeks of class, students are assigned to a clinical externship in a nursing home.
CNAs work under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN), licensed practical nurse (LPN), physician assistant (PA), nurse practitioner (NP), or medical doctor or other supervisory staff in a health care facility. Students will learn how to assist patients with daily living tasks, provide basic care services such as bed making, grooming, and taking vital signs.
- Medical clearance must include a recent drug screen (within 2 weeks)
- Your future employer will request fingerprinting and a criminal history background check
- You will be required to wear (PPE) - Personal Protective Equipment at the clinical site
- Suggest you access this site www.prometric.com/nurseaide/ny
- This program is offered on Zoom and Google classroom - You will need a computer
- You must be on camera at each zoom class except for breaks any minor children will need supervision away from camera.
One week prior to the start of class, you will receive more information about classes.
Prerequisites: High School diploma, GED, or HSE;
Clinicals are held In-Person and located in New York City. More information will be provided when the class has begun.
If clinical rotation is not completed in the class for which you registered, you will be required to pay a fee for a newly scheduled clinical rotation.
Please note: Textbooks, Medical exam, Uniform, CPR certification and certification exam fee are not included in the tuition.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Blog Articles
What is a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)?
Last Updated: 08/29/2022 22:46