Financial Aid Checklist
Federal Aid Applicants
Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Work-Study and Direct Loans (student/parent)
Complete a FAFSA (studentaid.gov) application each year using “prior–prior” (i.e.2019 income for 2021-2022 FAFSA). List the CCNY college code - 002688 on the application.
- In 3-5 business days after submitting a FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) via email.
- It is important to read the “Comments” section of the SAR to determine if there are any issues that must be resolved. Failure to follow-up may result in a delayed disbursement of financial aid funds.
- If you need to submit documents, we recommend making an appointment online by going to the CCNY webpage: Appointment
- Always review your CUNYfirst “To Do List” to make sure you do not have any unresolved items.
- Check your CCNY (Citymail) email account often for important financial aid information.
New York State Aid Applicants
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Aid for Part-time study (APTS), Veterans Tuition Award (VTA) and Scholarships, Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Part-time TAP
- Check DegreeWorks™ (an online advisement and tracking system) via the CUNYportal to stay informed about your degree progress.
- Consult with your academic advisor before registering each semester to ensure that at least 12 credits are contributory towards your program of study.
- New York State residents can complete a TAP application on www.tapweb.org/totw each year and include CCNY college code 1411 (undergraduate only) on the application.
- If you have graduated from a high school outside the United States, you must meet the "Ability to Benefit" requirement by the 21st day of the semester. For more information, contact the Evaluation and Testing Office Location: Wille Administration Building, Room A-213. Phone: 1(212) 650-6488
- If you are a transfer student, be sure to follow-up with the Admissions Office to ensure that all of your transcripts have been evaluated.
- Declare/change a major, concentration or a minor once you earn or transfer 60 credits, before the deadline (refer to the “Academic Calendar”) on the CCNY website.
New York State residents should feel free to apply for the Excelsior Scholarship. Learn more
Last Updated: 05/19/2022 09:49