Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
There are academic requirements that must be met in order to qualify for and remain eligible for Federal and New York State Financial Aid.
Please review the charts below:
1. Federal (Title IV) Academic Requirements:
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards (Appeal Form)
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
2. New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Academic Requirements:
Financial Aid Lifetime Limits
There are limits to the number of years undergraduate students can receive federal PELL and NYS TAP.
12 full-time semesters for Federal Pell.
Check your Pell and/or loan usage status
- 8 semesters for TAP (10 semesters for Architecture, Pre-Fall 2016 BioMed majors, and SEEK students).
Deadline for Financial Aid Appeals
Fall 2019: October 16th 2019
Spring 2020: March 11th, 2020
Fall 2020: October 1,st 2020
Spring 2021: March 1st, 2021