There are academic requirements that must be met in order to qualify for and remain eligible for Federal and New York State financial aid.
- Maintain the required GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Complete the required # of credits per semester
Please review the charts below:
1. Federal (Title IV) Academic Requirements:
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards (Appeal for Reinstatement form)
2. New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Academic Requirements:
Financial Aid Lifetime Limits
There are limits to the number of years undergraduate students can receive federal PELL and NYS TAP.
12 full-time semesters for Federal Pell
Check your pell and/or loan usage status
- 8 semesters for TAP (10 semeters for Architecture, pre Fall 2016 BioMed majors, and SEEK students).
Deadline for Financial Aid Appeals
Fall 2019: October 16th 2019
Spring 2020: March 11th, 2020