Message To New Students
Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid at City College of New York
The Office of Financial Aid is committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. Through grants, scholarships, loans and work-study opportunities, we strive to ensure qualifying students receive the assistance they need to make their goals a reality.
There are many costs associated with attending college. Tuition, fees, books and supplies are just some of these expenses. As a prospective City College of New York (CCNY) student, you are probably wondering how you are going to be able to pay for your education. One of the advantages of attending CCNY is its affordability. Its relatively low tuition combined with financial aid makes the challenge of paying for college considerably easier.
We are eager to help you obtain all the financial aid for which you and your family may qualify, but, in order for us to assist you, you must take the first step! Your eligibility for financial aid can only be determined from processed financial aid applications. If you would like to be considered for financial aid, you must always submit an application, even if you believe you may not be eligible.
Remember that filing for financial aid is an annual process. File your financial aid applications early, starting in October for the upcoming academic year. Always apply early and follow up.
Applications for most programs as well as information regarding specific application procedures, eligibility requirements, methods of selecting recipients and allocating awards, and rights and responsibilities of recipients may be obtained from the Office of Financial Aid. Please visit our website at CCNY Financial Aid Office, call or come to the office for all financial aid information. CUNY COVID-19 FAQ's Link
We wish you the best of luck in preparing for and completing our education.
Director of Financial Aid
- To be considered for financial aid you must have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) online. You can apply here and will need the CCNY’s Federal School Code (002688) to complete the FAFSA. For the TAP website the State School Code is 1411.
- You must have resolved any outstanding issues with your FAFSA, such as verification or any conflicting information. To have financial aid applied to your bill, this process must have been completed at least two weeks before your bill due date.
- Estimated Financial Aid information will be available 2 business days after your registration activity, provided there are no outstanding issues. Students who did not complete their financial aid forms or have any outstanding issues may not have their financial aid available in time to pay their bill.
- You should check your MyCity webpage for any updates.
How to view your awards online?
- Log in to CUNYfirst
- Click on "Student Center" on the far left
- Click on " View Financial Aid" in the middle of the page
- Select aid year to review awards
There are limits to the number of years undergraduate students can receive Federal Pell Grants and NYS TAP.
- 12 full-time semesters for Federal Pell
- 8 semesters for TAP (10 semeters for Architecture, pre Fall 2016 BioMed majors, and SEEK students)
Check your pell and/or loan usage status
- Students must declare a major before the deadline date (see Academic Calendar) if you have 60 or more credits.
- Students must input City College of New York school codes.
To view financial aid information and/or to make a tuition payment on CUNYfirst
- Logon to CUNYfirst.
- Select "Campus Solutions" from the left menu.
- Navigate to "Self Service" followed by "Student Center".
- In the "Finances" section, click the "Account Inquiry" link to see the details of the Account Summary.
- Under the "Account Inquiry" tab, you will be able to view your "Pending financial aid". (Pending financial aid will be posted 2-3 business days after you have enrolled for classes.) It is important that you know what you owe to the college.
- If you have pending financial aid that will cover your tuition and fee charges, you do not need to proceed with the additional payment steps.
- If you need to make an additional payment, select Make a Payment.
- Enter dollar amounts in the Payment Amount column and select Next. Payment should be made in full.
- Select your payment method:-Credit Card or Electronic Check and select Next.
- Enter Payment Details and select Next.
- Confirm Payment and Submit.
*Refunds: Financial aid that is not used for your tuition and fees will be refunded to you during the semester.
Please contact the Bursar's Office for more information regarding payments or refunds.