Brownfields Training 2022
The City College of New York in conjunction with
The South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation announce the
2022 Brownfields Training Program
Funded by the United States Environmental Protection Agency
Job training and workforce development are an important part of the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to advance economic opportunities and address environmental justice issues in underserved communities. The South Bronx community has been historically affected by pollution, economic disinvestment, and contaminated brownfields properties. Funded through the U.S. EPA’s Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training (EWDJT) Program, The City College of New York (CCNY) will work on creating a skilled workforce in the South Bronx community where EPA brownfields assessment and cleanup activities are taking place. Rather than filling local jobs with contractors from distant cities, CCNY will offer residents an opportunity to gain the skills and certifications needed to secure local environmental work in their community.
[Our background section has been adopted and modified from an EPA press release dated March 11, 2021].
This particular program is offered at no cost to qualified participants.
Two Step Application Process
Step One: Complete entry application with CCNY or SoBro
Please click on the following link to access the Google Application Form with CCNY Office of Continuing and Professional Studies: https://forms.gle/ddfpTQvdwi8nR7uq8
You must have a valid Google Account in order to complete the form and upload required documents.
Step Two: Attend an informational session offered Tuesdays-Fridays 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm via Zoom using this link:
All participants must
• Be able to commit to the entire training
• Consent to participate in interviews, the use of quotes, and the taking of photographs, movies or video tapes during the training.
• Be able to participate in graduation ceremony and career fair on separate date to be announced.
• 40-hour (in-person) HAZWOPER – New Dates to Be Announced
• 30-hour (in-person) OSHA Construction – New Dates to Be Announced
• 10-hour (in-person) NYC Site Safety Training (SST) – POSTPONED - New Dates to Be Announced
• 16-hour (Hybrid) ASTM Phase I & II Environmental Assessments – POSTPONED - New Dates to Be Announced
• 8-hour (in-person) Confined Space Awareness Training – POSTPONED - New Dates to Be Announced
City College of New York
Marshak Science Building Room MR 107, Plaza Level (1st Floor)
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
BCONE Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast
NYCBP New York City Brownfield Partnership
LSRPA New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professionals Association
NYC OER New York City Mayor's Office of Environmental Remediation
NYC OWD NYC Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development
CCNY CPDI Career & Professional Development Institute
Last Updated: 06/22/2023 17:57