• Please note it could take up to 4-6 weeks to process forms once submitted. It depends on the type of appeals/requests and multiple approvals/processing through different offices/departments that may be needed.
Please check on the status of your appeals/requests/inquiries periodically by sending an email message to
since some of them may be time-sensitive.
• Click a form heading to complete the electronic form.
- Academic Appeal Request Form
- Internal Transfer Application
- Permission for Undergraduates to take Graduate Course
- Request for Increase in Credits
- Request for Liberal Arts Class to be Added to Approved List
Complete this form if you would like to appeal a matter that has been decided, or appeal to register after not meeting academic standards. Matters can include being reinstated into GSoE, course substitution or late course withdrawal. All submissions must include an appeal letter. Click on the image above to download the template for writing an appeal letter.
Internal Transfer Application
If you would like to change your major to engineering or computer science, and you are currently a matriculated CCNY student in a degree program outside of The Grove School of Engineering, and you meet the admission criteria, then you can use iDeclare to apply for the new major. You will be notified of the decision after the current semester ends, based on your grades in all courses including the current semester.
Deadline: Requests will only be accepted at the following times:
- for Fall Admissions: June 1st – June 15th
- for Spring Admissions: November 15th – December 1st
(If you are not a matriculated student at CCNY, apply through Admissions. If you are already in The Grove School of Engineering and want to change majors, use iDeclare after speaking with the staff advisor of the major that you want at Grove, at any time of year.)
Complete this form if you are currently an undergraduate engineering student and would like to take a graduate course.
Deadline: Preferably 4 weeks before the official first day of classes, but no later than 10 days before the semester begins.
Complete this form to request to exceed the semester credit limit (18 credits).
Deadline: 4 weeks before the official first day of classes, but no later than 10 days before the semester begins.