FACTS Data Elements

FACTS Data Elements

Descriptions/Office to Resolve Data Elements


Admissions Office

NYS Residency

New students: Admissions Office
Continuing students: Registrar’s Office

Points (One full time TAP payment equals 6 points)

It provides an update on how many TAP points have been used. You are allowed a total of 48 points. Except if you are a SEEK or a Bachelors of Architecture (B Arch) student, you may be allowed 60 points.
For additional information:  Financial Aid Office

Enrollment Status

Enrollment is based on contributory courses towards your program of study/degree. If any course(s) are flagged as elective classes not allowed on DegreeWorks, the courses will have an “N” on the “Eligible for State Aid” column on the FACTS Transcript. As a result, these courses will not count toward your full-time enrollment for TAP. To resolve these issues, you must go to your DegreeWorks Liaison within your division. See attached list: www.ccny.cuny.edu/financialaid/list-liaison

GPA Requirement

In order to maintain eligibility for TAP, you must maintain the appropriate GPA for each payment.
See TAP eligibility charts attached:
TAP Academic Progress

Major – Degree Requirements

Once you earn 60 credits, you must declare/change a major/minor/concentration by the deadline published in our College Academic Calendar in order to receive TAP.  If you need to declare a major/minor/concentration, you must contact your
Academic Advisor or the department of your intended major.

TAP Credits

You must be registered for at least 12 contributory credits toward your program of study/degree.

Ability to Benefit

Must meet the ATB requirement by the 21st day of the semester.  For further information, contact the Admissions Office and the Evaluation and Testing Office.

Progress and Pursuit

Academic Progress: Must earn a minimum number of credits and maintain a GPA.
Program Pursuit:  Must complete a required number of credits the prior semester.
See attached chart:
TAP Academic Progress
After reviewing the link above, you may contact the Financial Aid Office.


Last Updated: 02/17/2021 12:23