The Chemical Engineering Department of The City College of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET).
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with the mission of CCNY and The Grove School of Engineering, the following Program Educational Objectives are established to provide a quality education in chemical engineering, balancing practice and theory. City College Chemical Engineering graduates are expected to attain the following PEOs within a few years of graduation:
PEO 1: Successfully perform in, contribute to, and advance the chemical engineering or related professions.
PEO 2: Obtain advanced post-baccalaureate degrees in engineering, sciences, and related fields.
PEO 3: Solve real-world problems and innovate within their area of practice by applying critical thinking and creativity.
To achieve the Program Educational Objectives, the Chemical Engineering program has adopted the following seven ABET Student Outcomes:
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Additional information regarding ABET can be found here: http://www.abet.org/
Last Updated: 06/14/2022 16:10