Applications are still open for Spring 2022.
Please download our application cover page here .
Email the completed cover form with
your 250 word statement,
unofficial college transcript (include transfer college transcripts if applicable),
and a graded college essay, (or ungraded, if you don't have a graded copy)
to Professor Ed Keller
at email@example.com "> firstname.lastname@example.org .
Subject: Fall 2022 applicant to Ad/PR program
- Competitive candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the pre-requisite course, MCA 101 Introduction to Media Studies, with a B- or better.
- Students may also take MCA 101 the semester before they plan to enter the major and demonstrate a track record of success during the first 6 weeks if applying to the program for admission in the following Semester.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Writing is an essential part of this major. Therefore, it is essential to have a mastery of English grammar and syntax, as well as the ability to organize ideas clearly and logically.
- Students must have completed at least 45 credits by the time they enter the major.
Transfer students must meet the same criteria as above.
In addition, transfer students who have been accepted to CCNY should meet with an Ad/PR academic advisor before applying to the Ad/PR program. If you’ve taken courses that you believe are equivalent to the Ad/PR major requirements, please bring your official college transcript, grade report, and a course description of the related course work to your advising meeting. Students who have taken a Mass Communications course (MCA 101 equivalent) at another school will need to bring additional writing samples to demonstrate writing proficiency.
Students should submit their application the semester before they’ll begin taking classes in the Ad/PR major. Click HERE for an application.
In addition to completing the form, students must also submit:
- A 250-word statement about his/her interest in the Ad/PR major and/or profession.
- A graded college essay.
- An official transcript (which must include a grade report with GPA)
Include all materials in a single envelope and send to:
Ad/PR Program DirectorDepartment of Media & Communication Arts
The City College of New York
160 Convent Avenue, #472 Shepard (4th FL)
New York, NY 10031
Phone: 212-650-5726 (Department Administrator)
STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR ACCEPTANCE BY THE END OF THE MONTH THAT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE.
For questions or additional information, please contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated: 10/26/2021 09:38