Public Affairs Internship Seminar
This course will be offered during the Spring 2019 Semester.
WHAT IS PUBLIC SERVICE?
- Defining the roles and responsibilities of leaders in the public sector
- Exploring tools for measuring performance at public service organizations
- Information visualization for public audiences
- Oral and written presentation for public audiences
- Exploring professions and opportunities in public service
- 100 or more hours of internship service completed by the last day of the semester
- Leadership and professional development
- Guest lectures with public service leaders from varying sectors and industries
- Weekly assignments and readings
PREREQUISITES & REGISTRATION PERMISSION
All students are required to meet the two following requirements prior to registering for the course (1) complete CPDI's Internship Readiness Program and (2) secure an internship. There are no exemptions to these prerequsites.
STEP 1. Internship Readiness
Sign up for CPDI's training program (includes online training, resume review and interview coaching). This program is open to all CCNY students. Students typically complete this program in two weeks. To sign up for CPDI's internship readiness program, click here
STEP 2. Secure an Internship
All students must obtain an internship placement prior to registering for the course. After you have secured an internship, submited an internship agreement form signed by your supervisor. firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail the form to
STEP 3. Get Permission to Take the Course
After you've completed the internship readiness training and have secured an internship, submit the following two documents: (1) a certificate of completion from the Bootcamp or CPDI's training program and (2) the completed internship readiness form signed by your supervisor. We will open permission for you after we've received these two forms.