To make an appointment go to EAB Navigate at: https://ccny-cuny.campus.eab.com.
The Virtual Front Desk will be open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 2pm on Friday.
Zoom Passcode: 476479
Valerie V Poulolo
The Importance of Advisement
Understanding degree requirements, choosing courses, and registering for classes can be confusing. Although students have the ultimate responsibility for knowing and meeting degree requirements, they do not have to navigate the system alone! Seeking help from an advisor is not only required, but the smartest and easiest way for a student to complete his or her degree.
Advisement within Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership is offered through a combination of faculty and professional staff.
The professional staff of the Colin Powell School Advising Office can help students in many ways:
• Advising students who wish to learn more about Colin Powell School majors.
• Advising students who are considering a change of major.
• Monitoring and guiding students who are struggling academically.
• Providing information on the Core Curriculum.
• Assisting you with information about many CCNY policies, such as: Waivers, Study Abroad, Late Registrations, Late Withdrawals, Leave of Absence, Graduation Requirements, and Courses at Other Institutions
• Connecting students to other CCNY services, such as: Office of Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Writing Center, Career counseling, Counseling Center, Academic Resources, and Residential Life etc.
Go to the CCNY Navigate using the following link:
Virtual Front Desk
The Virtual Front Desk will be open from
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday
and 9:00am to 2:00pm on Friday.
The Colin Powell School’s advising office will be switching over to EAB’s Navigate as the means for students to make appointments for academic advising. This switch will take place on December 1st, 2020. The directions for using Navigate are below.
• Enter the following login information:
Username and Password
• Click on big blue “Schedule Appointment” button on right hand side of the page.
• At the “What type of appointment would you like to schedule?” prompt, choose “Academic Advising” from drop down menu.
• At the “In what Division/School or advising Office are you advised?” prompt, choose “Colin Powell Advising” from the drop down menu.
• At the “What type of appointment do you need?” prompt, choose the appropriate appointment type from the drop down menu.
• Click the big blue “NEXT” button.
• At the “Confirm your advising office:” prompt, choose “Colin Powell School Advising” from the drop down menu.
• At the “Who would you like to meet with?” prompt, click in the box and choose an advisor. (or for more appointment options do not pick an advisor or more than one advisor).
• Click the big blue “Next” button.
• Select an appointment day and time from the available option. (Please note that you can use the arrow keys above the calendar to move forward or backward to get to your preferred date or to find days with available times.)
• Click the big blue “Next” button. (Please note, if the day/time you are choosing is in the right most column, the next button may be partially obscured.)
• Please read the “Additional Details” information on the confirmation page. Enter the phone number you want us to call you on in the “Comments for your staff...”box. Provide a mobile number if you would like to receive a text reminder of your appointment.
• Click on the big blue “Confirm Appointment” button.
Colin Powell School believes in the importance of faculty-student interaction, which is the core of the advising process. Our faculty members provide quality advisement services to students pursuing majors or minors in any of our social sciences degree programs. Faculty advisors know the curriculum and can suggest the proper sequencing and combination of coursework. They can also make suggestions for internships and co-curricular activities.
Through consistent contact with a faculty advisor, students can develop the kind of working relationship in which they will gain exposure to career opportunities and guidance on graduate degree programs.
Office of Academic Advising
Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership
The City College of New York
NAC Building Room 6-293
Need advising from faculty?
Please contact your faculty advisor in your department. Academic departments and individual faculty members may have additional hours in their department offices.
Last Updated: 02/15/2023 14:23