PIVOT: A Next-Generation Funding and Research Expertise Database
CCNY has a subscription to PIVOT, a powerful tool that allows faculty, staff and graduate students to quickly and easily discover funding opportunities matched to their expertise and interest, as well as identify potential collaborators within CCNY, CUNY and beyond. Pivot combines the most comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities worth an estimated $33 billion with a unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles. A proprietary algorithm compiles pre-populated profiles for faculty and other researchers, allowing them to instantly view a set of potential funding opportunities. Researchers can then fine-tune the results by adding information to their profiles and creating targeted searches.
Pivot is a powerful tool that:
- Provides access to a comprehensive source of funding opportunities that are updated daily
- Identifies researcher expertise within or outside of CCNY
- Allows monitoring and tracking of funding opportunities amongst research groups
- Sends weekly email updates on saved searches you organize in your own folders
To Get Started with PIVOT Now:
- Visit the PIVOT website and click "Sign Up" (use your CCNY email address and choose "City College of New York" as your affiliated institution)
- View the instructional videos below to learn how to create your account and claim your profile (find more videos on PIVOT's YouTube channel)
- Download the PIVOT Quick Start guide, for instructions on updating your profile or searching for funding opportunities
There are webinar recordings provided on the RFCUNY site that you can access to learn more about PIVOT and other resources available to you as a CUNY researcher. Please follow this link to the RFCUNY pre-award resource page.
Last Updated: 01/19/2024 12:48