ACF provides training to all personnel working with animals. Various training modalities can be arranged with the ACF Director. New investigators and technicians will not be allowed to work in the animal facility until they complete their initial training.
- Policy orientation: An overview of the some of the policies and procedures for working in the animal care facility
- Wet-Lab: A hands on training course that covers the basics of working with various species. Topics covered include, handling and restraint; injection sites; blood collection sites; anesthesia and euthanasia.
- CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative): An online training course covering various topics.
Websites with Additional Information
- American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- Animal Welfare Act
- APHIS Animal Care Policy Manual
- AVMA Panel on Euthanasia
- Centers for Disease Control
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals